Mold is one of the most dangerous substances that can invade your home. Unfortunately, mold is also the single most common result of flood damage and standing water. Even if you have a small water problem or a few leaks around the house, you can expect mold to start growing. If your home has flooded in the past and the property has not been tested for mold, you and your family could be living on borrowed time.
Mold typically starts to appear within a few days of a flooding event, and once that mold takes root it spreads rapidly. If you wait too long, the mold can be extremely hard to remediate, so the sooner you seek help the better off you, and your family, will be.
Many home and business owners underestimate the importance of mold remediation, but they do so at their peril. All you need to do is pick up the newspaper or turn on the news and you will see homes, businesses and even whole city blocks that have been condemned because the mold growth was allowed to get out of control.
You do not have to wait until your own mold problem grows out of control to seek help. Biltmore Restoration has the professionalism, the expertise and the experience to deal with even the worst mold problems, repair the existing damage and stop the problem in its tracks.
The time to deal with a mold problem is as soon as you spot the first signs of mold. This is a problem that will not go away, and the fast-growing nature of mold means that it can get out of control in a surprisingly short period of time. If you have recently suffered a flooding event or detected a water leak in your home, it is important to check for signs of mold on a daily basis. If you spot any mold growth at all, you should seek professional advice and service right away.
Mold can be caused by a number of things, and not all of them are flooding related. You should be on the lookout for mold even if your home is not prone to flooding and there are no obvious water leaks. Problems with your air conditioning unit, an undetected leak in your roof and damage to your pipes can all cause mold to start growing, and once that growth starts it can be very hard to deal with.
Mold can appear almost anywhere, but it is most common in areas where moisture tends to accumulate – think bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens and the like. When mold exists in a confined space (like your home), the toxins it produces can be very harmful to your health and the health of your family. That is why mold remediation is so important, and why you should call Biltmore Restoration at the first sign of trouble.